How long has it been?

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Less Than 5 Months Away!

We've been planning our wedding for a while now. It's just a part of my life. I don't really think about it in regards to time. But the other day I checked my email and there was a new message. The subject line read, "Five Months To Go!" My heart skipped a beat and my stomach churned.

I feel so far behind in everything but at the same time I'm so excited to marry Kevin. I'm very emotional. Those of you that have seen me lately can attest to that. I've got my wedding planning books and my magazines. I've been watching wedding shows on television. I'm in wedding mode. But when I look at my list of things to do and the timeline, I see so many unchecked boxes. I started to panic. I was a bit much for Kevin to handle. So I went to the person I knew could handle my panicked, crying, speed talking, irrational, overly emotional, generally crazy self. My mom. I sat down with her and we talked and went through every detail I had planned and things I had yet to do. She put everything into perspective and helped me calm down and see the light at the end of tunnel. We're doing fine. Sure not every thing from the 12-9 months checklist boxes is checked off but we're in the process of getting it done. We'll be fine.

Some of you have given me great ideas. You've been inspirational. Kevin and I are really happy. Thanks for that! We're working on ideas for the centerpieces. We have an appointment today at 10am with the wedding coordinator for Pheasant Run to do our tasting. After that we're meeting with the florist. It's going to be a busy day. I think we'll have fun, though.

Last Saturday we met with the reverend. His name is Allen Eaton. He actually lives in Schaumburg. He was recommended to us by another reverend. The meeting was about an hour long. It was great. He put us at ease and started to get to know us. He has a great sense of humor which we really love. He's our guy. We're so happy to have found him. What we really like is that he only likes taking one wedding a day. Some people have several weddings to officate in a day. He prefers to focus on one couple at a time. He's given us some great ideas for the ceremony and kind of filled us in on exactly what we need to do. I've checked that box off.

Tuesday we have an appointment with the videographer. If we can do what we have planned, you better bring some tissues. It'll be a tear jerker for sure. I will, of course, have my waterproof mascara. We'll see what he says.

I saw my dad's sisters and some of my cousins this past Sunday. Kevin, my cousin fighting cancer, has hair! It looks great. He's doing pretty well. He gets a femur and a knee this week. We're really excited. He'll finally be able to bend his knee! Woohoo! The family seems really excited for our wedding. I'm just happy to celebrate with everyone.

Oh, before I forget. The Country Inn and Suites said their check-in time is 3pm. I don't know how willing they are to check you in before then. I thought I should tell everyone in case they don't tell you when you book your room. To book your room, you just need to give them a credit card number. It won't be charged until the date of your stay. The credit card just holds your reservation. There's been some confusion with that one.

So that's about it. I'll let you all know how things go later today. Also, we really like reading your comments. Hint hint nudge nudge.

I keep telling Kevin people would like to read his thoughts too but he disagrees. So you know, if you'd like to hear from him, let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment