How long has it been?

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Jinx!

Something people don't really know about me is that I have an irrational fear. Well, a few of those. But the one I'm referring to now is in regards to planning. I've this thought that if I make a plan and I share it too soon, then the plans will fall apart and I'll basically jinx myself. Well, that seems to have happened.

The honeymoon plans have changed. Europe just wasn't meant to be right now. We're not saying never. Just not right now. Slovenia will have to wait. Sigh. Kevin and I canceled our Europe plans and were devising a new plan. He thought on his own for a bit while I put my thinking cap on, too. We both came up with the same kind of idea. Seattle. The plan is still in the works. The idea is we'll fly to San Diego and rent a car, hopefully a convertible. We'll drive up the Pacific Coast Highway 101 to Seattle. We'll take two weeks and just enjoy ourselves. We'll take in all that we can of the Pacific Coast. We're planning on a little trip out of the country to Victoria, British Columbia.

Dates aren't set yet but it will be in September since we already had the time off approved with our jobs. We're excited. There's a lot to do and see and we're hoping we'll have time for some side trips to see our friends and family along the way.

At the end of the trip, my mom and my brother will most likely be joining us in Seattle. My mom and dad were engaged on Mt. Rainier. Paradise Lookout, if I remember correctly. One of Dad's final wishes was to have some of his remains left at that spot. So we'll have a nice family moment together.

If any one has suggestions of places to see or things to do along the way, please let us know. We're really open to suggestions.

Otherwise, the planning is coming along well. Time is flying by for us. It's already summer. It seems like we just got engaged a few months ago. Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great honeymoon plan! I am so jealous. When John and I finally get a vacation to ourselves, I would love to do something like this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Someday when you're not pregnant, maybe you can take a little vacation! lol! I'm so excited that your family is growing, though. I hope we're that lucky!

    ReplyDelete