How long has it been?

Monday, November 15, 2010

Save the Date!

September 2, 2011. It's a Friday. Mark your calendars. It's going to be a great big wonderful party. Kevin and I are getting married. Yay! I'm really excited. And I think he is too. The best part is talking with some of our friends and seeing how excited they are about the wedding. It just makes things that much better.

The Save-the-Dates are in and they look fantastic! I'm so happy with them. We heard about this site, Etsy, from some other brides that like to do things a little differently and a little more affordably. Etsy has tons of other things as well. If you get a chance, check out the site. It's pretty nifty! I ordered our engagement photos. They also came in. Everyone will be getting a 4x6. Thanks to Aunt Carolyn Withem for the photo! It was a candid photo taken the day after my father's funeral. It turned out perfect. It was just what we had been looking for in a photo. We had originally wanted some professional photos done in an actual photo shoot. That didn't work out. This was just a happy accident. Don't get me wrong, my aunt is awesome. She's totally great at photography. I'm not trying to downplay her abilities.

Well, back to what I was saying. We're also going to send out a brochure for Pheasant Run Resort. That's where the wedding and reception will be. It's a gorgeous place if you haven't been. There's so much to do as well. I'm really happy with our choice. It's right in St. Charles, close to the downtown area, if I'm not mistaken.

There will be so much to do if people decide to spend the weekend there with us. It is Labor Day weekend. So hopefully people won't have vacation plans already. Or maybe this can be their vacation plan!
The resort has three restaurants ranging in fanciness. There's a comedy club and a theater for shows. The pool is great. It's an indoor/outdoor. I had never seen one before. For those of you as sheltered as me, it's an indoor pool and you can swim under this partition to get to the outside. Now, September varies in temperature. It'll be the very beginning of the month so hopefully it's still warm enough to enjoy the water outside. We'll see, though.

Kevin and I are really hoping that our out of town guests will be able to spend some time with us. The thought is the morning after the wedding we'll have breakfast in the hotel. Anyone that wants to join us may. From there we'll see what people want to do. There's a beautiful golf course there. And I hear it's a pretty decent course. The guys are talking about going golfing. For the girls, there's a Mario Tricoci Salon. We could get massages or mani/pedis or whatever. If nothing else, we'll head in to the downtown area for some shopping. Mostly, I think I want to stay at the resort, though. I'm sure we'll find a way to entertain ourselves. The pool is a nice option as well. If you're bringing your kids, there's a game room to entertain them. Pretty sweet.

Things are coming along. We're just trying to get everything in order in a timely fashion. In some regards we're ahead of the game on things but in others we're a bit behind. My one girlfriend keeps telling me that if I plan everything now, I won't have anything to do next year before the wedding. I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty awesome. I don't want to worry about all these things at the last minute. There will be plenty to do then, anyway.

So, look for your Save-the-Dates to be arriving shortly. Formal invitations will follow. And please mark your calendars! We want you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment