How long has it been?

Thursday, August 11, 2011

"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." ~Rita Rudner

I really feel like that's going to be true for us. We're going to annoy the dickens out of each other. And there's no other way I'd rather have it.

If you're reading this the day I'm posting it, you'll notice there are 22 days left until the wedding. That is under one month. Some days I feel like we've been planning this wedding for 10 years. At this moment, I feel like we've just started planning. We really don't have much left to do. Thankfully. There are some small details that have to be worked out. And there are some larger details that have to be worked out, as well. All in all, it's not bad. I am less stressed. Though, I think much of that is due to not working 5 and 6 12 hour shifts a week. That was getting to be too much. My health, well, it's there. Neither better nor worse. This Friday I have my appointment with the rheumatologist. I'm bringing my lab and pathology reports for the doctor to look over. With any luck she'll be able to figure out what's going on with me and fix or treat me in time for the wedding. It would just be really nice to not have this rash or itch or ache on the day of the wedding. Kevin has been so great. There have been some nights or mornings when I'm going to bed after a very long day and my body is so stiff and achy I can't help but cry. He's always there to help me get as comfortable as possible and medicate me. He tucks me in and waits for me to fall asleep. I just love him!

Anyway, so hopefully, those of you staying the night have reserved your rooms either at Pheasant Run Resort or at Country Inn & Suites. There will be a shuttle from the Country Inn before the wedding ceremony and after the reception. We're working on getting an additional shuttle time for the time after the end of the ceremony and the start of the cocktail hour. We'll see how that works.
The ceremony starts at 4pm. Providing the weather cooperates, we'll be married outside. After the ceremony, there will be an hour break before the cocktail hour starts on Bourbon Street. Dinner will follow the cocktail hour. I think everyone will have a great time. The morning following the wedding, we'll be having breakfast at Pheasant Run. I hear the breakfast buffet is amazing. We hope people will join us in the morning, even if you're not staying at Pheasant Run. I believe some of the guys are going to golf that morning, too. Tee time is 10am but may change if more people are interested. There's talk of a having a scramble. I'm not really sure what that means but if you golf, I hope that makes sense. If you want to be included in the golf outing, contact Kevin. He'll take your information and get you the details. I think as far as ladies and those of us not golfing, we'll be sitting poolside and just enjoying ourselves. The mall is just down the street so we could head over there. I would like to just have fun and relax. There is a Mario Tricoci on site. A massage may be in order. There is the option of seeing Steve-O at Zanies, the comedy club on site. I was skeptical at first but it actually doesn't sound like a bad show. I'm really not sure how many people are staying for activities Saturday. We're open to suggestions.

We're really looking forward to seeing our out of town family and friends. Not that we don't want to see our local family and friends but it's been a long time since we've seen everyone else. I'm looking forward to the dancing and such. I think it will be a great time in general.

I have to admit, I'm really excited for the honeymoon. We definitely need a break. We're both stressed out and ready for time together and free from our daily grind. When we get back we'll be looking for a house. In fact, we're already kind of looking. My thought is that we need at least a 3 bedroom house with at least 2 full bathrooms. Kevin is more interested in the garage situation. Which I understand. It's been an interesting search so far. We're not really sure where we'd like to live for one. We have a couple ideas. Some of those ideas involve getting new jobs closer to the area where we'd be living. There's more research that needs to be done.

The weekend of the 19th we've decided to go to the lake. The lake is Apple Canyon Lake. That's where my mom's parents live. It was supposed to be a girls' weekend away but the only girl going now is Sara, besides me. So Kevin has decided to come along. I think one of his groomsman will be coming with us. It'll be a nice time. I haven't been up there in a couple years. When I think of my "happy place" it's this place. I always think of it in the Fall when the leaves are changing. I imagine a crackling fire in the stone fireplace while I sit curled up on the couch with a blanket and a good book, and hopefully a glass of wine or a nice hot cup of tea. That is the best place on Earth. If I can remember to, I'll take some pictures and post them.

Shortly after that will be the wedding. It's so exciting but nerve-wracking at the same time. I can't wait to marry my soul mate, my best friend. And I really can't wait to be done with all the planning and drama of the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment